As many of you know, my wife, Susan, and I operate "A Grateful Nation Inc.". We're a non-profit dedicated to procuring and shipping goods to the troops in the Middle East. We've been at it since 2002 and have shipped in excess of 12 tons of goods over, 100% free to the troops. All we ask of the receiver is that the goods are shared with enlisted and Officer alike.
People usually ask where we get all the goods. Some of our recipients are forum members.
One forum member, Jerry Dutscheck of West Allis WI, whom I've only met a few times has been very supportive of our efforts. Jerry's father, John Dutscheck, also joined in. Over the last few years he has handmade hundreds of Rosary Bead sets to be given out to the troops. So far we have shipped them to Afghanistan, Iraq and McGuire Veterans Hospital. The next shipment will be going to the troops deploying to West Africa. The one special set he made went to a recovering vet in Walter Reed, we delivered it on the way to the MAX Show.
Jerry himself has been extremely helpful in helping us fill our "Patch Blanket" from troops stationed in the Middle East. He even donated a WWII regulation US Army blanket for us to attach the hundreds of patches, pins & medals sent to us over the years. The blanket is now full and will be raffled off soon, but more on that later.
If any of you see Jerry or John Dutscheck at a show, please thank them. They deserve so much more.
Brian & Susan Rich
"A Grateful Nation Inc."
Facebook.com/agratefulnation