Gentlemen

I Love the look of these ‘forestry’ bayonets, and have been wondering about the markings on them:
Ch AW-already identified as Chromolit, the trademark of Arthur Wingen

and " Waffen-Loesche Berlin”.

I know this latter has been declared a distributor, however, there still exists (Worldwide now) the ‘Loesche' company, which began trading in 1906 as a manufacturer of machinery in the cement industry, situated in Berlin:-

"The outbreak of the Second World War was a caesura in the history of Ernst Curt Loesche’s company. As was the case with many other machine manufacturers, the company was obliged to produce armaments for the German war effort: the Reich Air Ministry soon replaced the cement industry as the company’s largest customer"--Wikepedia.

…..is it too much a leap of faith to imply that the inscription actually reads: "Waffen"-Loesche Berlin
i.e. “Weapon-of the Loesche Company, Berlin”??? perhaps working somehow in collaboration with Wingen?
Wikepedia also states that the company began manufacturing its products in its own manufacturing facility, initially in Berlin-Hohenschönhausen –could this explain the “H” marking on the spine ????

I have confirmed with the Loesche company that they did indeed manufacture articles for the Reich during that time frame, but could not-or would not-confirm any specifics.
Thoughts?

Paul

FUR EHR' UND PFLICHT BIS HERZ UND KLINGE BRICHT