As I continue to attempt to complete my heer dagger crossguard collection I am working on the more common examples having been fortunate to acquire the harder to find examples. I have been looking for years for an Alcoso type-3 for my collection and found this example to fill the slot. The crossguard and pommel are a lightweight base metal which generally did not hold a silver plate well. This is the case with this example but the crossguard has good detail which can be hard to find on this Type-3 and a beautiful personalization to Dr. Scholtz Zahnarzt (Dentist) while likely not researchable it adds interest to the piece. The pommel and scabbard are typical Alcoso The pommel being one of the best looking non enhanced varieties of the period and the scabbard has the double flat head screws you typically see on the Alcoso product with some nice hand detail. You rarely if ever see hand work to this style of pommel and crossguard they are detailed enough that it seems Alcoso felt they didn’t need the hand enhancement certainly this saved them precious time in the assembly & fitting process. Fortunately the blade is very nice and has the second variation maker mark the dagger was likely produced somewhere between 1936-1937

Collecting Interests - Heer Daggers - Waffenrock - Portraits - http://WW2-Collector.com