James,

Glad to hear that you enjoy visiting here. Thanks to our members Tristan, Tiberius and other good friends there's always some exquisite porcelain to look at.

Case in point, Tristan's latest post of marvelous Allach shepherd dogs. To those who know how difficult it can be to find just one good example, here we have the small and large versions, not only in white but also in color. For me it's simply amazing to see all of Professor K�rner's shepherds together like this and like the Guinness saying goes, "brilliant!!!" wink

Tristan, I have a question for you please ... what are you going to do to top this? Simply amazing.

I recently put together a pair of Meissen hares by Max Esser, though, nothing quite as outstanding as T's dogs. These came from one of the two chess-sets that Esser designed in the late 1920's. These hares come from the land-animal set and the other represents sea-creatures. I've seen the complete sets being auctioned and fetching between 10-20K! Every now and then you'll see a single piece for sale or auction at a reasonable price, but they're far and few between. Hope you might enjoy these neat little Art Deco examples.

Best!

Bill

Meissenhares1sm.jpg (24.99 KB, 135 downloads)