An area of particular interest to me (and my hope is to be able to incorporate this into my professional career) is researching the protection, repatriation, and looting/destruction of cultural heritage sites and artifacts.

I normally don't read this particular subforum but I only just today came across articles in the blogs I frequent about this contemptible - and thank God canceled! - television venture.

I can tell you though that at least one of these cultural preservation watchdog sites has sourced posts made by CG here on GDF. Link: http://conflictantiquities.wordpress.com...craig-gottlieb/

This excerpt comes from one of a series of articles written by Sam Hardy at the Conflict Antiquities blog about the whole CG and National Geographic scandal.:

Quote:
On the 18th of February 2014, Gottlieb posted a ‘ground found digged out [sic]‘ ring in the German Daggers forum, which the ‘owner [looter and seller]‘ had found in a battlefield near Szczecin in Poland. He continued to ‘find… new and new to buy’ antiquities in Poland at least up until the 6th of March.

The original text of the article includes links directly to Craig's GDC posts from which his quotes are taken.

So, I agree that GDC should and really needs to take steps to condemn CG's actions, and make it clear that this forum and its members in no way support or associate with such an unscrupulous individual.

T.

Last edited by Tiberius; 04/09/2014 04:17 AM.