Hello gents,

I am extremely excited to share with you two of my most prized equine figures, both of which are recent acquisitions from private collectors.

The first is one I've sought for a long time. The Pawing Foal by Hans Achtziger, produced by Hutschenreuther. This piece was also done in a dappled gray/white pattern, but I find that the chestnut brown coloring better enhances the sculpt details. The tree branch and leaves on the base are very finely done as well. Just a great dynamic sculpt, perfectly capturing the energy of a frolicking foal.

As for the second? I was trembling when I received this one; praying that it had survived its journey. Shown below is a rare Meissen bottger sculpture of the race horse 'Alchimist', by Erich Oehme. It is signed and dated 1938. It is the smaller version of this beautiful sculpture (Meissen also produced a huge sized version), but still packs a lot of punch. I cannot express how grateful I am to have the privilege of owning this figure and I hope that someday, I will be able to acquire its big brother.

smile

T.