I was fortunate to pick up another Henckels recently. While studying the pair I noticed a few things that appear unique to Henckels. The pair mirrors each other nicely - like a set of twins. While Henckels did not make their own fittings the early examples I have seen are fitted with a Type-1 Pack crossguard just like many of the other smaller producers who out purchased fittings. What sets Henckels apart is the elaborate detail and quality of their product. They heavily enhanced their Pack crossguards each a unique miniature piece of art. I noticed a few similar enhancement techniques that appear on my two Henckels and several others I have looked at. These enhancements seem unique to the Henckels pieces. One is the detail applied to the eagles head. The punched eye - The beak enhancement and an enhancement to the right and left of the eye. The second and most interesting though is the detail work Henckels preformed to the pommels they punched perfect little circles in between the leaves in an effort to highlight the acorns. On the pommel close-up of the second example you can see this circular detail as well as the detailed area above the leaves in which a smaller circular tool was used. The first example has a poor blade while the second has a near mint blade. Any Henckels is collectible they are very scarce I have personally only seen a handful over the years they are highly prized by the Heer collector.

Collecting Interests - Heer Daggers - Waffenrock - Portraits - http://WW2-Collector.com