Thanks for the return welcome, Bill. I have indeed completed my studies, graduated, and am in the job market. Hopefully something will turn up soon!

Funny you should post that Meissen Bottger foal (which is, of course, very nice), as I have recently acquired a large 1950's era terracotta foal of similar design. It was made by the Karlsruhler Majolika company, and was sculpted by Elsa Bach. Much cheaper than a Meissen (until I can afford one!), and I find the rough-hewn look to be quite charming.

I also found this nice Vienna bronze pony last year. The wood base is a newer replacement I suspect, but the figure itself is old. Not a Bergman this time, but it is marked 'Austria' and has great detail.

I've added several other horses to my herd as well, but they're of newer vintage and origin than what usually passes here. I am, however, currently stalking a nice porcelain equine which I will share here if I am successful in bidding and it makes it to me safely. *crosses fingers!*

I also picked up this bronze-finished spelter metal stag at a local estate auction. It is unsigned, but reminds me of some of the fine Allach and bronze pieces that have appeared in this thread.

That Meissen figure is really something else, Bill. The Jester has a certain coiled pose that's full of energy and quite visually appealing. I can see why it catches your eye. I think it is also unusual that he is holding an owl, in lieu of the usual raptor-type avian.

Great to see you gents still posting treasures!

T.

Last edited by Tiberius; 02/16/2014 02:54 PM.