Interesting comments from seasoned collectors ,,Myself, I am on the low/mid range to stay, and I like it that way. In fact the highest end TR item I have ever bought was right here from Pat, that stunning tiger striped SA. So that shows you that you don't necessarily drop $25K to get something truly unique and jaw dropping, even among seasoned collectors. But when it comes to personality items connected to high TR leaders, the sky is the limit and I am just an interested observer, and what happens there can trickle down to the low range too.

Fact seems to be in this case that there initially was no scandal, not at all. It looked like Craig got burned but just had a hard time accepting it, which is understandable.
You see threads all the time with guys asking for opinions on controversial items, then when the consencious is negative they take it personal, and refuse to believe anything other than their item is good ,,, And if anyone thinks otherwise, they will never prove it conclusively 100% - Kinda makes you wonder why they seek opinions in the first place if they are just going to reject out of hand anything that doesn't align with their own. Hindenburg badges, Olympic medals, sniper patches ect are notorious for this kind of thing. Guys know going in that their odds are slim, but they think they have somehow cracked the holy grail with an undocumented prototype find of a lifetime.

Anyhow, the controversy which is the subject of this thread started with Craig point blank refusing to name the source of the documents, then possibly and vindictively having a hand in tampering with wikipedia entries to make himself look like the salt of the earth and one of his "detractors" as a detestable fraud. He has yet, so far as I'm aware, to address these topics, until he does his name is going to be Mud for many, and deservingly so.

Doug