Quote from Serge
"As far as self policing; sure wish that was possible, but it's not. Bob Johnson still sells his SS wedding rings and Himmler chairs. Charley Snyder (as mentioned earlier), a whole host of fakes. However, the last auction of Craig's came up there was a thread on WAF mentioning the two scarce daggers being auctioned, the SS Full Rohm and a SA high leader. Both of them IMO ( and other knowledgeable veteran collectors), were humped-up sleds. I knew it, others knew it, but did we post any comment on the thread? -NO. And neither do the well known good dealers who see it. why? [i]because it's just not good for business.
Now I was not the only one that saw that, yet nobody made a comment out in the open. In private, we all agreed.
[/quote]

And that is the problem today. Folks who know and should have known, HAVE to speak up when something is wrong! If you have a good ethical background and conduct your business honestly, then you are doing yourself good and the collecting community a serivce. By not commenting or bringing it up only makes you look camplacence in the shady business practices. Being honest will alway show you in a positive light.
I think that knowing a piece is bad or questional and not bring it up is really no better than offering it yourself.
Your businesses will never hurt from being honest!
I think the day of just turning away and hoping it goes away is and will be over. Ron

Last edited by Dave Hohaus; 02/15/2014 09:32 PM.