I have read many different threads and posts about if there is ever a doubt about the authenticity of a certain item, that the person selling it should "come clean" and reveal the truth about it , and where it came from. Then I have read in many places how with each passing year there are more and more fakes and garbage turning up at the MAX and SOS. "tables of fakes". And that no one says anything about it.

We'll if I could I would call them out on it. Here on this site many of you have been extremely helpful when it comes to someone asking if a certain item is legit The knowledge I have learned here ihas been very beneficial . But in a hobby where we would like to see more collectors, how detrimental would it be for someone to buy a " fake" at a show for quite a bit of money just to find out its junk! No more collector, bad experience , kill the hobby!

Yes, I know about buyer beware, but where do you start when you don't know about all the tiny details about a dagger? Yes, read and educate yourself. Getting burned should not be a lesson every collector should go through especially when this is an expensive hobby I really hope that the more knowledgable guys will point them out at the SOS. If not, you will have more people come to see your collection / museum and "window shop" and be too afraid to buy because of the fear of throwing away a few thousand. Wish there was a true way of authentication It would be better than nothing IMO.