OK,here is a piece that just came out of New York State to my collection. This type 2 WKC is the first I have seen that has ALL brass based fittings and scabbard. Another interesting point is that the pommel is the initial type that is generally seen only with the type 1 WKC fittings, I have to place this daggers era between the 1.5's shown in this post and the typical light metal based type 2 but both the 1.5's shown here have the 2nd type pommel seen on all the type 2's I have seen? Guess it goes to show that these makers had boxes of fittings sitting around and if they came across them they were used! I have seen a 1.5 WKC once before that had this initial pommel too so the variations are out there! This brass based scabbard is also the first appearance of WKC's typical single side screw! Hoped to add to this post by showing the NEXT STEP WKC took after the 1.5..the question is, is this just a 1.5 guard without the hand work, or another mold all together?? Well, enjoy the pics and comment with opinions! wink Kevin.

IMG_1356.JPG (41.51 KB, 99 downloads)
IMG_1374.JPG (54.43 KB, 99 downloads)
IMG_1358.JPG (61.8 KB, 99 downloads)
IMG_1362.JPG (51.27 KB, 99 downloads)
IMG_1366.JPG (47.92 KB, 99 downloads)

It's ALL in the DETAILS!!.......