Sorry you feel that way Andy. I admit the lack of response on some posts does get discouraging, but the purpose is to put the info out there for people. We have discussed your C.P.B. PPK before and there is not much more to add. I did notice that both my ratty condition C.P.B. PPK and my Reichsbank marked PPK are both in the mid 763 xxx range, actually within a few hundred of each other. What was good for the Reichsbank (the most advanced semi-auto pistol available) had to be good enough for other banks to order during this time of civil unrest in Germany. So the Commerz-und Privat Bank ordered a number for their security guards in various German cities. C.P.B. was a very large bank and survived the war, operating today as Commerz-Bank. I contacted their archive department and while they could not comment on the marking, they did admit that private banks at that time in Germany did arm their own guard establishment.

I really cannot comment on your KM pistol Andy. It is a beautiful piece. I am sure you will find a KM marked holster out their somewhere if you look hard enough.

"This hobby is a continuing education"
Looking for Walther Model 8 #727649
and Walther PP #975557