Bill,

You don't have to tell them anything if you wish not to. But no doubt, if it's part of their club history they will want it back. I'm sure they will negotiate on price, but if you don't wish to return it then that's that. You can always leave it to them in your Will or sell it to me lol. Club history can be very detailed information. So I would first ask them for their club history, but key in on specifically references to the names of their Shooting Kings. Most if not all clubs have a list of all their shooting kings. If it matches your names and dates, then you know.

Some clubs had to sell off important pieces for various reasons, some lost parts during festivities etc. and others taken during conflicts. They went to great lengths for the most part to protect and hide them during bad times only to be forgotten and then found and returned. Some of the much older clubs only allow their chains to be worn on special occasions and then back to the bank vault due to insurance requirements. Others have placed their older chains in Museums and then only worn on special occasions. Thanks.