Gents,

First of all I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving from Philadelphia! For those of us who celebrate the tradition it's a well-deserved holiday to be grateful for everything we have, to include our families, friends, jobs and the bounties of our dinner tables.

I'd also like to take time to thank our good friends here on the forums who freely give their worthwhile advice and assistance to all of us when we need a helping hand. You guys are what makes this hobby extra-special.

Here's an interesting shooting king's chain I recently added to my collection that I thought you might enjoy taking a look at. Many of the chains we're familiar with have a medal or link with an individual's name added for each specific year. This one has the names of the top marksmen that span almost ten years time, engraved on a reverse, central silver disc. As you'll see the name of the shooting club is "The Wild Hunt," from the district of Niederrad. Niederrad is a city district of Frankfurt am Main, Germany. It is part of the Ostbezirk S�d and is subdivided into the Stadtbezirke Niederrad-Nord and Niederrad-S�d.

The chain is made of leightweight, stamped silver components and has a gilded, central wreath and crown device mounted to the main starburst. The links are comprised of die-stamped squares that are decorated with alternating laurel leaves and crossed rifles over targets in an Art Deco style. Lots of nice gilding left on the center which adds a good contrast to the silver parts.

Hope you might enjoy this neat Weimar-era memento from a German shooting club.

Best regards and good collecting!

Bill

Niederred1sm.jpg (54.25 KB, 120 downloads)