As it regards the dates of manufacture, fakers routinely �dated� modern copies of RZM daggers, knives (and some sword fakes). And it�s my belief that manufacturing has proceeded from possibly some leftover pre-zinc TR era ordinary camping knives. But much more likely they are all postwar for the serviceman and others who wanted something to take home when their tour of duty was over. And if you look at what is for sale as we speak, on some dealer websites they were or are still making them well into later modern times. And while I could post some more of the recent �discoveries� now for sale - the knife I posted earlier should I think suffice as proof of postwar manufacture. A complete postwar fake - as are the others in circulation with maybe a few years difference as to when they were made in batches.

I also have some of the information on the (true) Damascus �watered steel� types of blades and the analysis done there to try and figure out how and when they were made. But more appropriate IMO was a metallurgical analysis of some period political blades that was done a while back for a now extinct forum.

But let me �cut to the chase�: It was said once of a notorious California homicide. That if the perpetrator had been filmed committing the acts, he would have still been found not guilty because the jury was going to overlook any and all of the evidence. And by completely avoiding becoming involved in any of the discussions of these �small knives� - dealers will still find customers to buy them who �want to believe" that they are genuine TR artifacts. And that is not even taking taking into account all of the guys who�ve already been scammed (IMO) in the past - and now have an investment to protect. Fred