I don't think that the theory has legs Mac. The Jungvolk had a character more akin to the pre-HJ B�ndische youth for many years (good article here: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f48/history-deutsches-jungvolk-4905/)and this was slowly but surely eradicated by the Reichsjugendf�hrung. The DJ badge went, the DJ buckle went and so did the DJ-specific rank insignia. The only remnant left at the end was the rune sleeve patch. The membership badge of the Hitler Youth, which obviously included the Jungvolk, was the diamond and I simply cannot see anyone making the decision to allow the DJ to wear a redundant badge on these knives. In any case, the badge you show there became an honour badge that showed early membership of the DJ and was only permitted to be worn on civilian clothing long before the period in which these knives are said (by those who like them) to have been in use.

@Dave Hohaus:

It can be proven through the use of the document shown earlier in the thread and in many, many other period sources that the DJ wore the standard HJ knife. I refer you to the threads mentioned earlier. No proof has ever been shown that would allow the collector to reach any other conclusion. The case against these knives is solid so perhaps it would be more productive to push the believers for their evidence rather than repeating what has already been established on other forums.

Last edited by Nork; 11/05/2013 05:13 PM.