Originally Posted By: pvon
Very nice indeed!

Tom

Since you really have taken a liking to the slants can you tell us if most come with orange handle,pumpkin orange,
or glass grip or how about white!

Any pattern to them?

PVON

In my experience most slants are various shades of orange rarely towards red. You do see yellow slants from time to time most I have seen were SMF. The only white slant I have seen would be Ivory and of course these are extremely rare probably seen a few over the years. Never seen a glass slant but have a dagger I picked up at the max with a glassy type slant grip oddly I have another by this maker with a glassy type slant as well so that’s interesting. If you study the slant grips and compare them they do exhibit notable dimensional differences as well as cosmetic (rib style-etc) they are certainly not all the same! One maker I recently noticed the grip overhangs the grip ferrule by far more then any other need to look into this as see if this trait spans the makers early production. One day I will get all mine together and do an in depth study likely some grip traits can be attributed to certain makers. Of course you see some darker on one side then the other - like any army grips storage parameters and plastic composition seem to be the big factor in determining color and I do believe they all started white but let’s not discuss this in this thread….. eek

Collecting Interests - Heer Daggers - Waffenrock - Portraits - http://WW2-Collector.com