Gents,

I picked this Reichsfinanzverwaltung (RFV) bayonet variation up at a local gun show yesterday and thought I would show it.

This is the expected polished steel KS98 variation we normally see that is property marked to the RFV but it has some interesting differences. The normal oversize polished steel KS98 we see with RFV property markings has hard rubber checkered black grips with a drain hole near the guard. It also has a T/O attachment slot in order to attach to the Kar98k with the cleaning rod attached below the bayonet lug. This early Eickhorn polished steel bayonet is made like the other police style KS98 bayonets we see that do not have drainage holes in the grips and has only a T slot to attach to the Kar98a that does not have a cleaning rod that interferes with the bayonet lug.

This bayonet has a typical block letter "R.F.V." property stamp on the reverse guard made with the same stamping die often used on other Customs marked bayonets. I have seen the RFV markings on the steel KS98 with a T/O slot, nickeled private purchase KS98 with a T/O slot, and a few S84/98 bayonets that were sourced from regular military production. I have never seen this Customs property mark on the police style KS98 with only a T slot. You never know what you might find at a local gun show.

RFV KS98.JPG (86.77 KB, 317 downloads)
RFV KS98 hilt.JPG (99.76 KB, 315 downloads)
RFV KS98 markings.JPG (82.05 KB, 318 downloads)
RFV KS98 pommel.JPG (89.46 KB, 319 downloads)

"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson