Not only do I research them, but I am also a collector. This M33 SS B�ker dagger came into the Max Show a couple of years ago and ended up in the possession of Wolf-Hardin/Joe Pankowski who contracted me to do the research which I completed. It later turned up in a Gottlieb auction without the research and I was pleased to purchase it though the bidding was spirited. SS daggers with the �F�rth� etching are rare and very few are identifiable to a specific SS Mann. SS-Hauptscharf�hrer Hans Haubner, SS No. 47 125 attended the F�rth school during the summer of 1934. What I particular liked about this one is that his stammkarte recorded his attendance there making the only other one I know of that is so documented. See it at: http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=279968&page=1

In 1942, Haubner was promoted to Hauptsturmf�hrer and was assigned in 1943 to the 14. SS-Freiwilligen Division �Galician� initially made up of Ukrainian volunteers. In August 1944 he was killed in a partisan attack while being transported on a train in Slovakia. Haubner is buried in Block 5 among the unknown soldiers in Vazec, Slovakia, since his remains could not be positively identified for an individually marked grave. Though no photo of him as yet been located, I like 'em like this.

Enjoy!

Ross Kelbaugh

www.ssdaggers.com
www.ss-numbers.com
www.HistoricGraphics.com

haubner01.jpg (32.06 KB, 189 downloads)
haubner02.jpg (79.49 KB, 191 downloads)
haubner03.jpg (52.7 KB, 188 downloads)
haubner04a.JPG (60.3 KB, 188 downloads)
haubner05.JPG (62.01 KB, 187 downloads)
haubner06.JPG (107.72 KB, 189 downloads)

"Making History Personal"- Research for Collectors by a Collector.