Deano,

Glad you like those two, too. Don't know if anyone else is enjoying our postings anymore, maybe just you and me? grin

Now that you mention it, that fat little eagle does have an Egyptian look about it, good call. I have a skinny one that I'll add ...

Love this new batch you've posted ... "German book and German sword, bludgeons the enemy and protects the hearth." Nicely printed line-work in the national colors. Super oak leaf border and eagle, a great drawing all the way round. I believe this little folder to be an accounts or donation record for some organization..?

Home really must have heaven away from hell for WWI soldiers of all nationalities. Here the old Landser takes in the initial view of his own private paradise.

This is one of the nicest EK cards I've ever seen, and it must be pretty hard to find, no? The older man must be a veteran of the Franco Prussian War, congratulating his younger "brother-in-arms," both recipients of the Iron Cross second class. That was a very big deal in both of these wars. During the Second World War, they gave out the EKII much more liberally, even the EKI to some extent. To get the first class award in the First WW was a very big deal, especially for an enlisted man!

Great artwork old friend.

Bill

AntonSedereaglepost.jpg (73.83 KB, 230 downloads)