Originally Posted By: Jim W

Anyway, if someone wants to have a meaningful conversation on atrocities committed by the governments involved in the War both before during and after, I would have no problem participatibng. I can point out plenty of atrocities on all countries and can start with Custers genocide war against the native Americans.
JMHO

Just a brief flash of perspective, since you brought it up - Indians had for many decades before Custer been quite notorious for slaughters of their own, and in conjunction with both British and French forces, who hired them out as mercenaries. They were responsible for many well documented massacres of whole villages, often killing men, woman and children as they slept - And, of course, made the absolutely barbaric practice of "scalping" world infamous. Yes, this day & age, "native Americans" are set up as nothing but peace loving, innocent children of the forest, brutally beset upon by domineering, ruthless blue eyed aggressors, such as Custer. Wasn't quite that way back then, I think you watch a bit too much Disney.
I find your accusation against Custer, also a dead soldier, despicable, and hypocritical to boot. You seem to want to pick & chose who can be slandered and who cannot, and pillory any judgement which does not meet your criteria. Well, don't cast stones if you want none cast back at you is all I can say.

Doug