Fellow Collectors,

Always a pleasure seeing what my mates have turned up recently, as well as reading your comments and thoughts.

Tiberius, that gray-dapple horse does looks like both August G�hring's and Adolf Rohring's rearing stallions and the color-scheme puts me in mind of K�rner's earlier horse models for Nymphenburg. The best of all worlds, hard to beat that. Compliments on your two new acquisitions.

Rich, good to hear you're enjoying the thread, I know my colleagues will enjoy hearing that, thanks.

Tristan, that 773 is a fine horse too, really a lovely sculpture. K's carried over his "Nymphenburg-style" of support base, those big splashy kind which I thought were outstanding for their time by far, they were pretty much instantly recognizable.

K�rner first carved and introduced Model 773 in 1933-34, and was then under contract to Rosenthal. They basically owned the figure and in future could reproduce it any time they saw fit. (as demand called) Therefore, your 1940 edition may be a second, third or fourth run ..? maybe there were earlier than 1940 production runs? But that explains the later date while the professor was employed with Allach. I'm fairly certain that was pretty much an "exclusive contract," with the boys in black. Maybe he was allowed to consult, but I don't think he actually produced works for other companys during his time at Allach? Can anyone say for certain?

Mikee, that had to be a very memorable experience, any photos you could share? It's great watching a good artist at work, they make everything look so damn easy! wink

Best regards!

Bill