Friends,

Your appreciative comments, responses and additions make all this worth while. Really great to hear people's reactions to certain images, especially those that are somewhat open to personal interpretation.

Dean - the artist who painted 'Eiserne Wehr' was Angelo Jank. If you Google his name and click on "images," I think you'll be surprised how prolific the man was, and I'm sure you'll recognize many of his works. We even have some of his other illustrations earlier in this thread that weren't identified as his. I believe he also illustrated the Hindenburg Denkmal book that pvon posted elsewhere, too. I'll add a few that I nicked, though, only for instructional purposes. wink

The Kaiser painting/card looks very familiar, no?

I'm not certain if your latest post has anything to do with a complaint against the "industrial-age?" It could be a bit too late for that? The verse goes something like this ... "Have you not often overheard the song of the old oak trees of my German people..." asks Wotan? Maybe just asking the Germans to come together, with war's blast-furnace belching fire at full capacity in the background? I'm really not certain here, so any input is most welcome. Whatever the case, a nice, Tolkien-looking illustration, most enjoyable.

Best!

Bill

AngeloJank2.jpg (73.24 KB, 91 downloads)