This army is a recent acquisition - At this time I believe it to be a new undiscovered crossguard type. It is a very striking guard with many unique features. The eagles body the first set of feathers and the top wing lines are highly vaulted off the crossguard. The wreath and swastika are oversized in relation to the eagle. The head and body width is about the same. The crossguard has beautiful hand enhancement that follows through to the pommel and scabbard bands. The crossguard and pommel are manufactured of a lightweight base metal and the silver finish matches throughout the hilt and scabbard. The scabbard has two flush mount screws frequently seen on Voos army dagger production. The minty non tapered nickel plated blade has the single oval maker mark the third mark Voos used on army daggers. I believe this dagger was made around 1936-1937 If my memory serves me I have seem this guard one other time and it was on a Voos unfortunately I do not have a picture of it. I certainly would like to hear from the army collectors does anyone else has an example of this crossguard or incite to the company of manufacture ? I love this bird!

Collecting Interests - Heer Daggers - Waffenrock - Portraits - http://WW2-Collector.com