Originally Posted By: WWII
Old Sir Edward Grey ~
Sorry I can't help with the handwritten part, maybe one of the other boys can?

Bill-

Your id on this guy gave me the answer I was after. The purpose for showing back was the month in the written date.
It looked like July to me and brought the question about why a pre WW1 card would show the bombing of England.

I looked up Sir Edward on Wikpedia and found how it may relate:

'July Crisis 1914

In 1914, Grey played a key role in the July Crisis leading to the outbreak of World War I. His attempts to mediate the dispute between Austria-Hungary and Serbia by a "Stop in Belgrade" came to nothing, owing to the tepid German response. He also failed to clearly communicate to Germany that a breach of the treaty not merely to respect but also to protect the neutrality of Belgium — of which both Britain and Germany were signatories — would cause Britain to declare war against Germany. When he finally did make such communication, German forces were already massed at the Belgian border, and Helmuth von Moltke convinced Kaiser Wilhelm II it was too late to change the plan of attack. On 3 August, Germany declared war on France and broke the treaty by invading Belgium.'

Thanks for the sheding some light on a question.