Gents,

Great seeing everyone's latest finds ... I guess what they say is true, when it rains, it pours.

Tiberius, that's a beauty. I've seen this model and was quite impressed, it looks like one of those fabulous paintings by Paul Casberg. You can really feel the solidity and strength of this animal, a powerhouse of energy. The braided mane gives it a certain touch of class and elegance, an effective counter-balance to all those bulging muscles and sinew. Can't wait to see your next "HGH..."

Jim, Your Olympic Torchbearer Mod.12594, was produced by the Seltmann Weiden company. There's a small flame insert missing from the top of the torch, do you still have that? A nice Art Deco piece.

I thought some might like to see another example of Willi M�nch Khe's small, slender-legged animals? We saw some of his fine work pictured and mentioned earlier in the thread, fawns and donkeys I believe?

I haven't seen this model often and feel lucky to have scooped it up, as there's a nice early 1920 Rosenthal mark under the base of this fawn cleaning itself. Often, the delicate balance of his subjects is his trademark style and technique, making them easy to spot.

Hope you might enjoy and good collecting ... wink

Bill

M�nchKhe4sm.jpg (38.4 KB, 62 downloads)
M�nchKhe3sm.jpg (40.24 KB, 64 downloads)