Originally Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner)
Originally Posted By: 777
Serge, the fake dagger you posted looks really dangerous, it would be great to see some detailed pictures (if possible).
Den, any news about your book on TeNo hewers/daggers?

This TeNo Leader super-fake is about 3 years old. Here is the hilt from the same dagger.

When I inquired from a contact how much would it cost for me to get one 'direct'. I was told 'they sell for about half of real ones'. Not wanting to spend $2,500 or so on a fake I inquired about just buying a cross guard. Then the trail got cold, as suspicion was raised that it was going to be closely examined.
These SFakes have been turning up in Europe first as that is where I'm told the 'source' is located. They move through the best respected auction houses where they are salted in with other original daggers from collections, and several dealers NOT known for selling fakes.

-serge-

Sergey, I can not claim trust, but I think you show two different dagger on the first photo and dagger with the number 3067. I could be wrong but Dirk on your first picture has some nice features original dagger. (It maybe the parts dagger?) Detecting requires more photos and even better to compare it in the hands with original. Dagger 3067 no doubt fake.

Buy Casberg sketches.