The Red Cross is a racket. My town went through a tornado in 08. They handed out cheap brooms and mops with the worst plastic bucket I have ever seen. I wouldn't give them the sweat off mybutt.
The people that really helped were a Buddist society from Taiwan that came to town and gave folks with home damage $250.00 and $500.00 to people that lost their homes. A Baptist group that helped people with food and clothing and a couple of others that I can't remember now. The Red Cross was a joke. Everybody was ran out of town for a week there wasn't any electricity any way. I slipped back into town with water and dug out my camping gear and staid to guard my home and property from theives. It was a good thing that I did as I caught a crude trying to break into my garage and buttstroked him with a 303 Brit bolt action removing the teeth on the left side of his face and broke the fingers on both of his hands so he wouldn't come back.
You have to take care of yourself and your family when crap happens. My wife was safe with my son and his family in a small town 5 miles from our home.

Last edited by SteveRay; 11/14/2012 11:02 PM.

"Insanity is heriditary. You get it from your kids." Quote from Ronald Regans diary.