ATTENTION MEMBERS AND FRIENDS----BELOW IS THE LASTEST EMAIL FROM GASPARE----IT IS A VERY SAD SITUATION FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY----PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP IN THIS TIME OF NEED HIS MAILING ADDRESS IS
GASPARE BUA
58 WARWICK ROAD
ISLAND PARK NY 11558

It's 12 days with no Nat.Gas, no water, no Elec.! , we managed to save some clothes but no where to wash them!..
My wife must be at work at the hospital by Monday... They might give us an unfinished studio Apt. so she can be close to work. We're hopeing there is a laundry there as they have full power there and everything.. My parents, daughters, and my son/grandson all safe but far from home, living in small spaces and anxious to get back...

My shop got hit with 4 ft water. All the stock gone or damaged, same with my tools. The 4 investment bikes are ruined, 2 customer bikes ruined [I owe them each a $10k bike! - Most of my collection gone,,just not there!, blown away or out when the tide went out!

Gasoline,,,1 hr away there is no problem getting gas! The Rockaways,,Coney Island,, Brighton Beach,,Long Beach ,Oceanside,and me [Island Park] ,even with odd/even rationing there are 2 hr line IF a station has gas.. The crooks are staling Gens. like crazy. Nat.Guard protect food,water,and the charities for us.

My home is just a roof and exterior walls. Seawater and raw sweage all thru it. Working everyday to clean and disinfect. Start at 8a.m. and by 3:30 I'm shot. Eat with the Army guys breakfast/lunch every day,,great group and they really care and help...
Doesn't look like there is much 'start up' money from our flood companies. Last year they fronted us 10K to start but this year because of so much damage they said $3K!..I don't even know where my hot water heater is! , burner and all appliences either not there anymore or damaged. Power Authrority condemed my house wireing and main panel today! thats probably $5 K right there when and IF we can even get a lic. electrition!.. Contractors are going to Penn. and Deleaware to get boilers/burners etc. Every gas meter in my town must be replaced. When they all are we will have Nat.Gas,,estimated time,5 days! IF everything works out right and no leaks when they test.

PLEASE, do not donate to the RED CROSS!. They get millions and give us donated water/blankets..

I'm at hospital now on their internet as we still don't have, and even the cell phones act weird at our town...

IF there is topic on the forums you guys can go right ahead and post this so all will know the terrible conditions we're living in with no real projected end in site for thr hard hit areas.

Hopefully this apt will be the answer for us for a couple months and I'll have a warm place to hang out heads....Thanks,G.