This has been interesting to watch and I have stayed out of it until now.

I do think it is the same dagger from the various small scratches and marks on both and it is in top shape. I don't see obvious signs of anything except maybe a coat of rennwax on the grip. I don't see that the blade needed any upgrading looking at the original photos.

It seems that the argument in favor of the blade being zipped* rest ONLY on a price reduction on the dagger from $6500 to $5500 then to an eventual sale price of $3800. No "before vs after" pictures showing blade changes are offered. I see the same blade photographed under different light by different photographers. Nor, despite prompting by knowledgeable men like Serge, has any explanation been offered of how such a feat could be accomplished.

Great condition agreed but $6500 or $5500 was too much for a Klass. $4500 would be my guess of top retail by a knowledgeable buyer. $3800 was a bargain. I would have bought it had I seen it.

So, JR, if you have proof of monkeying with the blade, please show us. Until then, a bargain price is not proof of of chicanery.

Regards, Dave

* What does zipped mean?

Last edited by Dave Hohaus; 11/10/2012 12:55 AM.