Since I became a member of GDC, IMO the greatest forum on the web by the way, I've always read nothing but great things about Don Boyle. And it seems to me that every time someone asks who they should send their ring to for authentication, just like the ring here for discussion, Don Boyle's name is given time and time again. He has literally become "the stamp of approval". And IMO a great service to all us that collect. Am I out of line in believing any different? I don't think I've read or heard of any other person on this forum that provides this type of service, but I could be wrong. Some may not need a DB certification, but I believe more would rather have one then not.

The reason I state the above is because I recently took a peek at some dealer sites that sell SS rings, to see if in fact SS Honor ring prices have gone down the tube like reported, but in the process I found a curious but interesting statement. And since SS ring certification has been brought up so many times, I thought I'd ask the collecting community what the consensus is on whether or not this statement I recently read has any factual basis, evidence or merit to it.

The statement basically concluded without explanation, that Don Boyle's certifications are "increasingly-irrelevant"... Tell me it isn't so, because I'm certainly dumbfounded by such a statement which gives no explanation. So I must ask, irrelevant to whom and what does this statement mean and is it true? Does the collecting community believe that Don Boyle's certifications are "increasingly-irrelevant"? Why and or for what reasons has or will this happen? Thank you all.