The jersey shore especially around Seaside heights area was devastated along with Atlantic city,,, most coastal areas have been affected,,, its pretty bad,,, scary to see on a video water rushing beneath a roller coater on the boardwalk. New york city is in bad shape with no electricity. I spoke with Stingray Ivan the day after,, he is doing ok but can not travel to work as all trains and subways are shut down due to flooding. The Philadelphia area in which i am in received a pounding in certain areas,, but others were unscathed,, So. Jersey faired well.. North Jersey got its A** kicked a little and in some areas still without power.
The state began to open the borders yesterday to the local residents that were told to evacuate,, but with positive ID to return. No one else!!! Thank God it was not as catastrophic as Katrina,,, but widespread damage regardless. On the streets of Seaside heights are mountains of sand on every street corner plowed by bull dozers,, something you would expect to see with snow!!
In NY Manhatten is in a bad way,, and whats worse is the looting that goes on at night. Reminds me of Los Angeles way back when. Some areas west received 2 ft of snow and without power. The best anyone can do is keep marching forward regardless. Regards Larry

Historical Stewardship is a Trusted Honor that must be kept!