Originally Posted By: Herman V. (aka Herr Mann)
Mac,

What you are trying to tell the collector community is the following:

At the H�rster factory, now and then a HJ knife assembler said to himself: "This HJ-knife is gonna have a hard time during its lifetime, so I will put in a full red diamond on this one !"

This way, the assembler was predicting that the knife was going to end up as a beater or low end knife for collecting purposes...

Now, the same was happening at many other Solingen blade factories: now end then a full red diamond was mounted, predicting that this particular knife would be abused or damaged...

And this way of producing started as soon as 1936, you seem to believe?

This is just rediculous, Mac!

Or maybe, for you, it does not matter if the diamond is original to the HJ-knife?

If there is a chance that the diamond is a replacement -coming from a period badge- do you consider the HJ-knife to be 100% authentic?

You seem to accept that -due to the shortage of original knife diamonds- badges are used to upgrade crappy knifes?

In that case we have a completely different story!

And I propose to stop this discussion immediately.

Best regards,

Herman

Herman,

You think what you like, i have my own opinion on solid reds,

your past statements have no evidence to suggest solid reds are fake so rather than carry on this discussion here on GDC i will leave it at that & not bother youes collectors any more.

Another thing Herman, PLEASE DO NOT THREATEN ME BY PM EVER AGAIN TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT ON GDC!!

Mac 66.