Originally Posted By: Fred Prinz - FP
Originally Posted By: JR
Fred, feel free to call on me or any of the others who have been in this hobby for long time, so a legit item doesn't get trashed before it has a chance to stand on it's own. This is quite detrimental to the hobby and I'm seeing a trend of it more often than ever ............... and now it's time for collectors to stand up.

Jr, I understand what you are saying. With what I was looking for at first was some better pictures for comparison. And what is happening overall now IMO is that some of the “pushback” is from those collectors who are tired of the legitimization of the actual trash which is what IMO is really polluting collecting and the collecting experience.

With some guys out there still protecting their “bottom line” by selling/promoting altered and/or fantasy items with the SS daggers just being one high profile aspect of the whole picture - with a long list of fakes in TR dagger collecting that collectors should at least be aware of.

So we now should all “stand up” for cast brass M 1936 SS chain links? Really?? Fred

No, I am afraid that within the last two years maybe three your analysis and critiques have been more than questionable and whether you realize it or not you credibility has withered substantially. I don't own a Himmler but have handled many a dagger and that piece is a one looker. All your doing is damaging legitimate pieces in many cases with your criteria and somewhat long winded explanations and John Madden style picture play maps. It is time for collectors to stand up to this type of thing.

Jack