Originally Posted By: JR
So Fred, you're saying that without a doubt in you mind, that this dagger that started the topic is one of the " Rotary Club Repo's" that you so often talk about ?

JR, What I said was that it seems to me in the images that there are some things that seem to be more consistent with that type of engraving rather than with acid etching. Which is usually where I ask for more, much closer images, and maybe some at different angles to kill the glare from the lighting. Which is was what was so interesting with the 'textbook' so called "Hühnlein" NSKK High Leader daggers because no further pictures were forthcoming after the topic of engraving was brought up. But eventually I did get some good high resolution shots that showed the individual cutter markings inside the characters. Which is what I was hoping we might see here as some kind of resolution of the matter (Ie: a clarification) with some different images that toned down the glare, because one of the problems in the past with paint in rotary engraved crossguards is that it obscures the freshness of the markings (and smoothes them out) in contrast with the rest of metal surface. Whereas a two step process on a blade with a black oxide over acid etching tends to be matt like the etching itself. Fred