Gents,

A quick refresher on the ADJV, forerunner of the DJ and DJV ...

The Allgemeine Deutsche Jagdschutz-Verein was established in 1875 in the city of Dresden. Its chief aim was to support and work in conjunction with state authorities, to enforce practical hunting regulations and reduce any trade for stolen game and animals. The association celebrated its 25th anniversary with a large celebration and series of related events during June of 1900, in Dresden. This is an example of the original book/program, located in the Dresden state archive. The entire booklet is intact, even to include all the perforated ticket pages for entrance fees, social-events, trips, meal-tickets etc. The beautiful logo incorporates the Saxon crest and is hot-foil, silver-stamped onto the cover.

Also pictured is a Rheinprovinz-ADJV badge with a small inset, green/gold enameled disc, "25." This is the first time I've seen one of these 'anniversary-type' cap badges. Has anyone else seen or have another? Since it's from the Rhine-region and marked, "W. Hamman, Dusseldorf," I'm fairly certain it's a member's long-service award as opposed to being related to the gala-celebration in 1900? Either/or explanation is fine by me, I was just interested to get some additional input on this unusual piece. Any and all insights appreciated.

While we're on the subject, does anyone have any more ADJV Hirschf�nger (singular and plural, as with the word Degen) they could add to Gary's thread? Some of these weapons have the finest, applied silver logo-monograms that emphasize the natural, pleasing colors and look of the horn.

Great stuff to look at, hope to see more ... fellas? wink

... a few extra old snaps of G's Damascus ADJV, taken when I worked on the black/white/red-themed case of ash and African Rosewood. (wenge)

Best, and good collecting!

Bill

adjv25bsm.jpg (65.84 KB, 222 downloads)