In the FAQ it has this explaination for how to post images;

"In order to add an image to your message or your signature, you must have the image already available on a web server and reachable by a URL. This can be an image on your own personal web page, for example. To place an image within a message, simply use the following Markup Tag:

For example, if you have an image called cateye.gif and its available from your own website at http://www.mywebsite.com/pics, then you would use the following image markup:

You can do the same for your signature. Click the My Home option found on any page. Then, under the Main Configuration heading, click on "Personal Information, email, password...". Look for the Signature box, and enter your desired information, including any images/markup as above.

Note: To keep the forums loading quickly for everyone, it is recommended that you do not exceed 35k for your image size".

Is this just to provide a link to a photo or will the photo actually appear on the forum?

If the image appears on the forum, will it be better quality than one which has been resized?

Will this work with an image I have uploaded to 'Picassa web albums', 'Drop Box' or if I upload a photo to google?

Or is it better just to resize the image first?