This stuff has always been expensive compared to salaries. In the early sixties a decent SS dagger was 25-30 pounds in London. It was not until I had had a good job for a few years that I could afford one and lots of things had priorities like housing, food, cars, vacations and the like. Unless you are lucky, it is not until you are older that the good items are affordable.

You seldom see younger people at the big shows , and you never did, because they cost quite a bit to get in and the best days are during the week when you have to use precious vacation time. On the other hand, the local shows here in the Raleigh area draw a goodly amount of younger adults and children who are interested. A friend sets up at these so I see it from the other side of the table.

One young man about 8 had his great grandfather's WWII records and is buying medals, ribbons, brass and patches to make up a shadow board. His dad brings him to most shows. Another is collecting WWII Army enlisted brass from all the different branches.

As for our Sales site, most of it seems to sell. The top items (Item+condition+price) go quickly. Other linger until the price drops a bit. Lots of negotiations behind the scenes, I suspect.