Hello gents,

Bill, alas the two Fritzes have continued to elude me in my collecting. If I've ever come across one that I can afford it's usually at a bad time for me financially.

Max sculpted a particularly magnificent large leaping horse for Rosenthal (and by that I mean that all four legs are off the ground and it's only supported by a tree stump under the belly) that I've seen from time to time. Generally quite expensive of course, and rare to find in undamaged condition. I do wonder how many didn't survive the kilns!

Here's an example that sold at auction: http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/9965813

Tristan, I have seen that bust of Hannibal by Hussmann many times, but I've always held out for the enormous full-body version of that sculpt, which comes up every so often. The bust does have a lot of character, though, and I would be inclined to pick up one of the black/bronze colored versions for the right price. Nice addition to your collection. smile

My most recent equine purchase is a very fine modern piece made by a small, privately-run studio in the UK. Not suitable for this thread, though!

Regards,
T.