Dean,

Not only is the stylized "B" a gem, the theme and illustration are also superb. One of the best renderings of Wotan I've seen in a long time, the look in old boy's 'good eye' is frightening ... he looks right through you ... directly into your mind and soul - clever old sod that he was!

Verlag des Vereines Südmark, Graz, published many excellent nationalistic propaganda cards. This one titled, Sonnenwende, or Solstice, no doubt would have been a big hit with followers of Himmler's Ahnenerbe program.

By all means a lovely postcard. One has to appreciate the shield-shaped viewing aperture the artist gives us to frame the old Germanic god. Fantastic composition, drawing and painting, too, the choice of colors is magnificent, at least to my eye. This has to be one of my favorites of this entire thread, it really reminds me of Howard Pyle and N.C. Wyeth's incredible work.

Relating this to our varied taste's in collecting, can you imagine this small graphic in the proper beautiful frame in your Rustkammer..? It would be a knockout in my humble opinion, the perfect pinnacle for a fine, SS collection.

Wish I could translate it for you but I'm miserable at best when it comes to Sutterlin script, perhaps someone else can make out the signatures and line of type? Can you send me a more full-on shot of the back, I'll play around with it in Photoshop and post it back here. Hopefully someone will be able to lend a helping hand? It'd be interesting to check out if we can.

Nice, thanks!

B~