I thought I would share these to display the transition that Alcoso deployed moving from one pattern to the next. The two daggers on the left are early type 2 crossguards, while the next three all have the more common type 3 crossguard.

The 2nd pattern (# 1&2) was in production for only a very short time ( probably less than a year ) in 1936 and are marked with the earliest ACS trademark, tapered tang blades and fittings carried over from their earliest slant gripped daggers.

The dagger in the middle (#3) has the later type 3 crossguard but retains the earlier type 2 fittings and scabbard and tapered tang blade. It also was marked with the earliest ACS trademark. Note the slimmer scabbard bands, wider non-tapered grip and 14 leaf pommel.

The last two daggers (# 4&5) are by far the most prolific, in production from late 1936 until 1941 this pattern can be found marked four out the five of the companies trademark to the blades. Note the flared 12 leaf pommel's and grips, larger pebble pattern to the scabbard shell and wider scabbard bands. As far as I am aware these will always have the later shouldered tang blades.

A few more observations seeing as though I am in full rant mode.......

The quality of some of the later production army daggers by ACS seems to deteriorate hugely, the wide use of plaster, wood filled white celluloid covered grips and Galalith and in many cases the inferior use of base metals ( alu, pot metal ) on the third pattern daggers would suggest ACS struggled to secure materials. The firm was Jewish owned and this could be a reason although pure speculation on my part.
There are of course exceptions and I must thank Bob bgrelics for #4 who supplied this dagger at a great price.

Sorry for stating what is probably obvious to many, I just wanted an excuse to show them off smile.