Im Leben roth wie Zin aber\Zinaber (Zinnober = vermillion?)
Im Tod wie Kreide so bleich
Gestorben am 17. Oktober
Am 19. war die Leich.

In life red as (tin but or vermillion??)
In death pale as chalk
Died at october 17
The (burial or inquest???) was the 19th.

This (I think!!!!) has to do with an event, out of so many, that lead to WWI. The first part of the 20th century, until the start of the Great War (WWI), is very stuffed with incidents. This is about something in 1913, after the Balkan wars (1912-1913). Serbia was supported by Russia, Russia encouraged Slav nationalism, this was a threat to German Austrian Italian Hungarian policy. Other big countries like France and England were allies with Russia. Because of the Balkan war, the Serb population grew and grew, so Serbia wanted to add (annex) Albania. Russia let this happen, but Germany sent Serbia an Ultimatum, to stop invading Albania. Serbia ignored the ultimatum officialy on october 1917, this was recieved in Germany october 18, and october 19 Serbia was forced to evacuate Albania within 8 days. Serbia gave in to Germany right away. This was ofcourse a good to build-up confidence for Austria and Germany. They saw they could settle conflicts, without starting a big war with Russia or the allies. I dont know if the creepy guy in the drawing means anything thoh? Does he look like someone? Is he holding something? I cant see it clearly?

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.