TW's book does list ALCOSO as an SS leader degen maker. His list was compiled from dealer sales. I recall one dealer had one for sale several years ago and surmise that is the one TW counted. Personally, I am reluctant to believe ALCOSO made such degens. It has long been recognized Krebs, "no maker" and Muller (Dachau) are the only makers of these swords. However, one occasionally comes across a leader degen by another maker. Some appear to possibly be from the period, others are butchered jobs, converting a police degen for profit. I have opined before that I would not be surprised if some police swords were converted during the period. I'm not flatly stating they were, but believe such might have taken place. For example, a police officer who was required to wear his degen frequently could have acquired an SS grip and placed it on his sword for everyday wear, while preserving his presented honor sword for display, or otherwise. There are other scenarios where something similar may have occurred. It could also have been that the other makers were called upon on a limited basis when demand outstripped supply. But, I believe the latter is unlikely. The principal problem with the other maker swords is that others will always be skeptical of their originality until the collecting community accepts them as authentic. Until that happens, as far as making an expensive purchase, I would stay with the current "conventional wisdom."