It has always been my belief that Alcoso did not make SS officer degens until yesterday. A woman called and said she had two German swords that her uncle had brought back from WWII. He had passed away in 1976 and her father got them and now they were hers. She send me some photos and I got very excited because one was an SS officer degen. She, her husband and two kids came by with the swords for me to look at. One was a WKC lion head and the other was an SS officer by Alcoso. Both were in poor condition with the Army being a little better. The SS had plated fittings with rust on the hilt and just about all of it missing from the scabbard fittings. There were no SS acceptance marks on hilt or scabbard. The runes button looked like it was a light weight metal and sat very high out of the grip. There was some chipping around. The hilt was loose and did not look all that great. The trademark was the one with ALCOSO in block letters over the scales. I made an offer on both and she is thinking about it.