Originally Posted By: wotan
Serge, until I could hold it in hands I would assume that the first dagger shown by you (the one with the white background) is the original one. due to the certain flaking on the grip fittings which I could not observe on fakes up to now. Especially due to the certain materials used for these superfakes such a flaking imo is not possible. Also the scabbard band (look the comparison by den70) imo looks like these on originals and not these on fakes. what are your thoughts concerning your first dagger beeing a fake and the second one (with the red background) beeing original? You are totally right, it might be very hard to tell a now good fake simply from pics.

------edit serge----

Wotan, The first one I show, on white background, is the fake. Not to confuse fakes, as Den70's fake in made somewhere in former Soviet Union, perhaps Belarus- I'm not sure.
The fake I show comes out of Europe. So these two fake TeNo leaders that Den and I show (white background) are fakes from different makers.
The patina TeNo with age look is authentic.

Here is more photos of the European TeNo repro. Just so everyone knows they are improving all the time. I'm told they have a newer version where even the top people in Europe think is good. I have no photos of it. Watch the big Auction houses!

REPRO

REPRO

Last edited by Serge (aka Wagner); 02/15/2012 05:11 AM. Reason: spelling