Serge, until I could hold it in hands I would assume that the first dagger shown by you (the one with the white background) is the original one. due to the certain flaking on the grip fittings which I could not observe on fakes up to now. Especially due to the certain materials used for these superfakes such a flaking imo is not possible. Also the scabbard band (look the comparison by den70) imo looks like these on originals and not these on fakes. what are your thoughts concerning your first dagger beeing a fake and the second one (with the red background) beeing original? You are totally right, it might be very hard to tell a now good fake simply from pics.

den70, thank you for your 1:1 comparisons. They are very helpful and instructive for the moment. But we all have to ceep in mind that fakers that are capable of manufacturing such fakes are also capable to improve their products especially when they know what to look for.
Up to now I could observe that the totally proper materials and covers (the special silvering and other finish components) could not be reached by them close enough. Therefore especially differences in patination and the overall look. also keep in mind that they partially might use original spare parts.
Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.