Surprised there was little interest in Hans Haubner, SS No. 47 125. Of all the numbered SS daggers I am aware of world-wide, only four have the Sportschule F�rth etch. Of these, the original owners have only been identified for two of them. And in the case of Hans Haubner, his is the only one where his attendance at the F�rth school is confirmed by a notation (1 1/2 months Enlisted personnel School F�rth) on his Stammkarte. Haubner was a World War veteran who had been a prisoner of war then. He joined the SS in 1933 (1933 B�ker Dienstdolch is proper) and joined the Waffen-SS in 1941. He held the rank of Hauptsturmf�hrer and in October 1943, he ends up in Freiwilligen Division �Galizien� (14th Waffen-SS Grenadier Division, �1st Ukrainian�). The unit was destroyed in the battle of Brody in July 1944. Haubner died in August at Sklabina, Slovakia. He is buried in Block 5 among the unknown soldiers in Vazec, Slovakia since his remains could not be positively identified for an individually marked grave. I suspect he was mortally wounded but hope to find his cause of death. No photo for him, but this is the kind of story connected to a rare dagger that excites me.

Enjoy!

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com
www.HistoricGraphics.com

stamm01a.JPG (34.76 KB, 318 downloads)
fstamm01a.JPG (53.58 KB, 317 downloads)
HaubnerWAsT.JPG (107.71 KB, 318 downloads)
Last edited by Ross Kelbaugh (SS-Researcher); 02/12/2012 07:32 PM.

"Making History Personal"- Research for Collectors by a Collector.