Originally Posted By: Ed Sunday
Nothing new here. I knew this would happen when the Russians showed up at the shows 5 or so years back and bought every junky dagger they could find ! I've seen this for years with many items other than military goods. If you all remember 8 or 9 years back the Chinese bought all the Japanese nco swords and what happened after that ??? I bring a Japanese officer sword that's so good I can't tell you how many dealers are fooled untill I tell them it's a repro ! I know for sure that many Russians in New York are Taxi drivers by day and master journeymen in enameling and Faberge at night !

Ed, let's not hang tags. We do not know WHO and WHERE does or did before these fake. Just was a new market (ex USSR), where the began in the first instant to sell a bad product. These are the laws of business (cheaper to buy more expensive to sell). There are some dealers in Europe and America who sell questionable items, and it does not mean that all dealers sell fakes. Let's share the knowledge that unscrupulous sellers have been hard sale deceive collectors wishing to buy an interesting subject itself to the collection.

Buy Casberg sketches.