Annoyance with self is a hard one. it`s always much better if you can apportion blame elsewhere LOL.

I know the feeling! It`s probably a bit of a digression but what the heck.

Despite there being some great pieces in the U.K. there isn`t much of a good selection of stuff that comes to market and if it does then the dealers here ask the kind of monopoly money I refuse to pay. (I couldn`t live with my own stupidity).

Mostly wahat I have has come from the U.S & Canada. Some from dealer`s I respect & trust and much from colleague collectors. I have never liked lay away and internationally it is costly & impractical. I never had that much patience either.

If I did not have funds I used my credit card and kept switching balances between them to get zero or at least reduced interest rates. This worked very well until I got a little beyond my comfort zone and at the same time had some other commitments.

Being a sensible fellow I decided to take some of the pressure off and release 3 of my pieces. A very tough choice! I did the business and three people got a very handsome deal & I lost about $1800.

I though regretful felt I had done the right thing. The next month I got a very good contract and there was no need to have sold anyway.

I am still kicking mad at myself 4 years later. Those pieces in the condition they were have proven to be quite irreplaceable. That`s life, you just don`t know what`s coming next and I only have myself to blame.

Last edited by Landser; 01/22/2012 11:29 PM.

War is when your government tells you who the enemy is.
Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.